This is the official website of the Dumfries Sports Club in the South West of Scotland.
The club has a long history as can be seen in the timeline below of the most significant events in the development of the club.
2010 - Nunholm Squash Club is renamed as Dumfries Squash Club.
2008 – www.dumfriessportsclub.co.uk is available on the web.
2007 – Les Hill wins a World Master silver medal for GB&NI in his 50th marathon.
2007 – New 3-lane artificial nets are built thanks to grants from Nithsdale Local Council and Awards for All.
2007 – Les Hill and Paul Hart are selected for Scotland in the Anglo-Celtic Plate 100k race.
2006 - Dumfries Cricket Club is awarded the best amateur groundsman award for ‘the best ground in Scotland’.
2006 – Scotland Womens cricket team play Derbyshire at Nunholm in a one-day game.
2006 – The cricket club play in Division 2 of the Scottish National leagues for the first time.
2005 – The new cricket scorebox at the ‘Railway End’ is built.
2005 – Dumfries Cricket Club are Western Union Division 1 champions.
2004 - The four tennis courts have a new all-weather artificial grass surface laid.
2003 – Dumfries Cricket Club celebrates its 150th anniversary.
1997 - The T.C. Farries suite is opened along with the gym and new changing rooms.
1996 – Dumfries Cricket Club joins the Western Union leagues.
1993 – Dumfries Cricket Club are Border League champions for a second time.
1988 – Nunholm becomes a first class cricket ground when Scotland play Ireland in a 3-day game.
1987 - Two more squash courts are built on to the clubhouse.
1986 – Dumfries Running Club organise the first Dumfries marathon.
1986 – Nunholm hosts Scotland v India in two one-day internationals.
1985 - Dumfries Sports Club is formed incorporating the cricket, tennis and squash clubs.
1984 - Nunholm Cricket Ground is levelled along with the railway banking.
1984 – Dumfries Running Club move their base to the Dumfries Sports Club.
1981 - Dumfries Running Club organise the first Dumfries half-marathon.
1980 – Dumfries Running Club is formed.
1978 – The characterful corrugated iron cricket pavilion is demolished and an extension to the clubhouse is completed with changing rooms.
1977 - Dumfries Tennis Club becomes a playing section of the new club.
1976 – Nunholm Squash Club comes into being.
1976 – The current clubhouse is opened including two squash courts.
1974 – The cricket club sell the field next to the ground to part finance the new clubhouse and the houses that form Nunholm Park next to the ground are built.
1953 – Dumfries Cricket Club celebrates its centenary.
1938 – Dumfries Cricket Club are crowned Border League champions.
1897 – The Nunholm ground is purchased by the cricket club.
1880 – Dumfries Lawn Tennis Club is established at Nunholm.
1880 - The cricket club moves to the present location at Nunholm.
1853 - Dumfries Cricket and Bowling Club is founded at Mildamhead in Dumfries.